Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cleopatra Costume Continued

 Now I have spray painted the Isis Sun Disc attachment gold, and it's awaiting my decision on how to attach it so it can be easily removed, but still be sturdy. I was thinking of using magnets. I'll also be cutting a bit more off the bottom.


I've decided to entirely abandon the crocheted cape idea. I haven't been able to get my hands on more of the required yarn and I'd still need a LOT to get the proper length in front. Instead, I'm sewing a cape using some wonderful fabric I bought a few months back as a precaution. I had a feeling the crocheted cape wasn't going to work out.

This is the completed back panel. I'm doing it in three pieces, like the actual one seen below. I have the two wings made but their embellishments aren't finished yet. At this point, I don't have anymore time to fool around with experimentation. It won't be as gorgeous as the real one, but I think that with the headdress, it will be a good representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment